GNOME 45.beta is now available. It also marks the start of the UI, feature and API freezes (collectively known as The Freeze). If you’d like to target the GNOME 45 platform, this is the best time to start testing your apps or shell extensions.
- Download the GNOME 45.beta sources.
- Review the list of updated modules and changes .
- Use the official BuildStream project snapshot to compile GNOME 45.beta. Please note that it now requires BuildStream 2.0.
- An installer image is available for testing and porting extensions.
- You can use the 45beta branch of the flatpak runtimes, which is now available on Flathub beta.
This installer image is meant to be installed in a virtual machine with EFI support (such as the GNOME Boxes version available on Flathub). You can also try to install it on bare metal.
This release include some changes to the core apps, see this blog post for details for details and make sure to give them extra testing.
WARNING! This is beta quality software. This release is intended for GNOME developers and beta testers. For more information about GNOME 45, including the full schedule, please see our wiki page .
GNOME Release Team