GIMP v 2.10.34 (on Windows 10): I cannot create/manipulate any images any more

Hello all,
I recently updated to the GIMP version (above). Today when I needed to do some editing, I found that I was unable to edit / create any images using the GIMP toolbox.
I have reset all settings / reinstalled the software to no avail. I also found an article describing how to ‘Unstick’ any drawing functionality - all measures have failed to resolve the issue.
Furthermore, I do see, when I’ve selected a tool, e.g. ‘Brush’, that when I move the brush over the selected layer / image that there is a dotted half-circle - presumably the tool active area - but this only appears at the edge of the delineated drawing board and does *not * follow the cross-hair cursor over the image / layer.

I am quite confused and unable to make any headway! Does anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Greetz,
David D.

What input devices - like a mouse, or a tablet stylus, or something else - do you use with GIMP?

Hi,
thanks for your kind reply.
In addition to my Logitech Mouse (Ergo M575) I have a Wacom Tablet/Mouse/stylus. The devices have been installed on this PC for some time now, at least for the last two years - spanning multiple GIMP updates, therefore.

Can you add a screenshot of you UI (whole windows, title bar included), showing the tool options dialog, and iff possible the dotted half circle?

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.