Gdbus.exe "failed to launch bus", missing libintl-8.dll and libffi-6.dll

I have a sandboxed GTK4 wrapper in another language, it uses locally stored libraries as opposed to system-wide ones, which includes glib, GTK4 and Adwaita. On Windows, if Gtk.Application emits it’s activate signal, the following message appears:

(julia.exe:42660): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 09:02:19.905: C:\Users\...\artifacts\13606487e48c4dea9d20813adf4f03a3edea59fd\bin\gdbus.exe dbus binary failed to launch bus, maybe incompatible version

Navigating to that bin folder, I tried to start the gdbus.exe manually to see with what error it fails. It gives:

The code execution cannot process because libintl-8.dll was not found
The code execution cannot process because libffi-6.dll was not found
The code execution cannot process because libintl-8.dll was not found (sic)
The code execution cannot process because libintl-8.dll was not found (sic)

Where those four error happen in sequence, with one happening three times, then the executable exits.

How would I approach solving this? Is there maybe some way to make gdbus.exe aware of where to find those shared libraries? From googling, it seems that they are basic windows libraries that should always be available, but maybe the sandboxed nature of my project makes the executable unable to locate them on its own.

Thank you for your time

The Windows library search path equals to the binary search path, and always includes the local folder.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.