Fractal 6 is up and ready!
That’s right, barely 2 months after Fractal 5, we feel there have been enough improvements to grant a new stable release. You have probably noticed that we have adopted a version scheme similar to GNOME and will bump the major version with each new release.
The list of goodies:
- Fractal can open Matrix URIs, it is even registered as a handler for the
- The verification flow was rewritten, hopefully solving most verification issues
- Room members can be kicked, banned or ignored from their profile
- More notifications settings, global or per-room, were added
- Times follow the format (12h or 24h) from the system settings
- Tab auto-completion also works for mentioning public rooms, just start your query with
It is available right now on Flathub.
This version is fully translated into 6 languages and we hope to get even more for the next one! Head over to Damned Lies if you want to give a hand.
We would also like to thank our new and returning contributors and our upstream projects.
For our next iteration, we already have a bunch of accessibility improvements waiting, and we plan to continue improving the room settings and the moderation features. Any extra work from you will be highly valued!