It is a new year , and what better way to celebrate this than to release Fractal 6.rc? It has been only 2 weeks since our latest beta release, but we have been hard at work during the holidays.
Here is an excerpt:
- Matrix URIs can be opened with Fractal, it is even registered as a handler for the
- Our Join Room dialog now shows some room details as a preview upon entering an identifier or URI
- The verification flow was rewritten to rely more on the Matrix Rust SDK, hopefully solving most issues that occurred before
- Room members now have a profile page that allows, among other things, to kick, ban or ignore them
- Speaking of ignoring users, the list can be managed from the account settings
- The dialog to view an event’s source was reworked to show more details about the event
… and a lot of other improvements, fixes and new translations thanks to all our contributors, and our upstream projects.
It is available to install via Flathub Beta, see the instructions in our README.
As the version implies, it should be mostly stable and we expect to only include minor improvements until the release of Fractal 6, which we expect to release in two weeks. Our strings are frozen until then.
If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to contribute to an open source project, take your pick amongst our issues. Any help is very welcome!