Foundation Board elections, 2022: candidacy period is open!

Foundation Members,

Board of Directors elections start today, please read GNOME Foundation 2022 Elections Rules for information around timelines and ways to candidate yourself for a seat on the Board. Please use this thread if you need any additional detail from the Membership and Elections Committee, questions to the candidates should also happen via Discourse.

4 Likes

Hi GNOME Foundation members. I’ve decided to run for the GNOME Foundation Board of Directors. I posted my candidacy statement to foundation-announce. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have here.

Thanks,

Jeremy Allison
Samba Team / Google Open Source Programs Office.

5 Likes

I may have missed something, but I read that 4 board slots are to be filled, and the list of candidates also contains 4. Did I miss something or is this election only a formality (not that it would be necessarily bad, but just to know)?

Indeed, there are four seats and four candidates—but the Foundation uses a single transferable vote system, which means there can be fewer people getting elected than the number of candidates and slots. In that case, there will be a new election process.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification.