FOR GNOME CONTRIBUTORS: How do you find what people are working on?

If you are a GNOME Maintainer—you have a GNOME account, you are part of the GNOME group, and you are listed in a project’s DOAP file—how do you keep up with what the rest of the project contributors (maintainers, designers, translators, documentation authors, etc) are doing?

• Discourse
  • Planet GNOME
  • Chat (Matrix/IRC)
  • Social media channels
  • Wiki
  • Personal blogs
  • Video calls
  • Conferences (GUADEC, LAS, GNOME Asia)
  • Other (leave a comment)
0 voters
2 Likes

Sorry, but is this vote only for GNOME Maintainers ( or does it apply to GNOME contributors ) ?

Well the criteria is “do you have a GNOME account, you are part of the GNOME group, and you are listed in a project’s DOAP file?” so I’d say maintainers only. :wink:

1 Like

But the below title is confusing.

FOR GNOME CONTRIBUTORS: How do you find what people are working on?

I cannot put everything into the title, can I? That’s why I specified who are the interested parties—people who contribute to GNOME from within the GNOME group on GitLab. Those aren’t just “maintainers” in the strict developer sense: designers and translation team coordinators also have access to the GNOME group on GitLab, for instance.

The Turkish translation team consists of two active translators and one (friendly) coordinator.

After the mailing lists were closed, we created a new email group to forward incoming emails to us (takim@gnome.org.tr).

We also maintain a historical domain (gnome.org.tr) where we store our internal documents, dictionaries, guidelines, and release notes.

Telegram is quite popular in Turkey among developers, and our Telegram channel (@gnometr) has been quite active recently.

Given that our team is very small and we are close-knit, we also have each other’s telephone numbers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.