Feature Request: Workspace Grid

Virtual desktops in the new Plasma 6 Overview are not much bigger than Gnome’s.

Virtual desktops in the new Plasma 6 Overview are not much bigger than Gnome’s.

I referred to another view.
See here:

(second image)

Or here:

The less virtual desktops / workspaces, the bigger they are displayed.

That’t the Grid View. I think it also kinda proves my point. Compare thumbnail size with nine workspaces in a linear vs. grid layout.

The example of 9 workspaces in a 3x3 grid has been used. Would 8 workspaces be arranged in a 3x3 grid with an empty cell, or in a 4x2 grid?

The claimed benefit of using a grid is that it is quicker to move from workspace 1 to workspace 4 by pressing the Down arrow once than by pressing the Right arrow 3 times (which I can do in a small fraction of a second). However, if 9 workspaces are arranged in 3 columns such that a Down Arrow skips 2 workspaces, whereas 8 workspaces are arranged in 4 columns such that a Down Arrow skips 3 workspaces, would that not be more difficult to work with rather than less?

In other words, will the navigation between workspaces 1 and 4 change when a new workspace is added at position 9?

We definitely only need one possible grid layout, at least in terms of allowed columns and taking into account landscape and portrait modes (for previews).

In a dynamic workspace mode, the flow will be from left to right and top to bottom. However, we may wonder what happens if we think of the concept that one workspace is either a group of tiled windows or a maximized/fullscreen window: What happens to the overview if a user has 20 maximized windows (because they tends to work like this) if we have maximum 3 or 4 columns?

In a fixed workspace mode, the number of workspaces can be set relative to a maximum number of columns allowed. We may also wonder how to include this in the concept where one workspace is either a group of tiled windows or a maximized/fullscreen window: What happens to a new maximized/full screen window when the number of workspaces is already at the maximum number?