[Feature-Request] Templates for answers

Hello!

First of all I wanted to say thank you very much for Geary. I’ve been using it for about a year now and I have to say that it’s exactly what I need for my daily work, even though I still use Thunderbird as a supplement. It’s not overloaded (like Thunderbird or Evolution) and totally uncomplicated. Thanks to the developers and contributors!

I know the “Email Templates” plugin. It is quite practical when writing new emails, but in my opinion it is missing an essential function: template for replies.

It would be great if you had a template like:

Hello {{ FromName }},

{{ GenericMessage=“A general paragraph that is repeated in emails.” }}

Best regards,
{{ AccountName }}

Then you can save yourself typing here and only make small changes if necessary.

I can imagine:

• {{ FromName }} is taken from the “From:” header or alternatively the email.
  • {{ AccountName }} is taken from the sender name.
  • This template is then saved under Templates and will be used as respond, maybe with a specific subject to recognize it as “Response-Template”.

Nothing too complicated, just a simple addition. In any case, it would be a nice optional addition as a plugin.

Thanks for reading and your time.

Best regards,
Megavolt

Checkout this comment: Message templates/stock replies (#587) · Issues · GNOME / Geary · GitLab

Don’t forget that you can file an issue on Gnome’s Gitlab instance for this kind of post.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.