Evolution email problems after ubuntu 22.10 upgrade

Hi,
I really hope that someone can help here, as im running round in circles.
I recently upgraded ubuntu to 22.10 and everything is great except whenever I try to reply or create a new email in evolution it just hangs. I then have to right click on the icon and force quit the program.
I’ve updated to the latest version of evolution (3.46.0) and this still happens.
Thunderbird works fine, but all my accounts are held in evolution, has anyone got any idea what may be causing this?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Warren.

This should be fixed in Evolution 3.46.1: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution/-/issues/2037

It would be useful to know what kind of account(s) you have. POP? IMAP?
Exchange? Something else?

Also, is this a Flatpak version of Evo? Judging by the version number
it might be, but I’m not very familiar with Ubuntu.

poc

They are IMAP accounts, and the original version wasn’t a flatpak version, but after the upgrade from 22.04 to 22.10 evolution started this problem, so I upgraded using the latest flatpak version.

Hi Sebastian,

No it hasnt been fixed as its also doing the same on my alienware laptop, and im running version 3.46.0-2 (The latest one) Ive tried flatpak and vanilla versions, both give me the same problem on 2 different machines with 2 different installs, 1 upgraded from 22.04 (was working), the other installed fresh this morning from a bootable USB drive and then installed.
Its driving me mad, as I use evolution for my business email.

Warren.

3.46.0 does not have the fix (and neither does the 3.46.0-2 Ubuntu package), 3.46.1 does.

Can I get it in a deb file from anywhere?
Ive not been able to find it.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Warren.

You have to ask your distribution for package formats used by your distribution. We provide tarballs only.

BTW am NOT Technical, with past first decade as a USER found easier to learn using TERMINAL.

Can you open your TERMINAL then use command: apt show evolution
Then copy and post your results.

My example1: Version of evolution
Then try example2
Copy and paste results into text file, save to text file, when finished copy and paste your results which will help more Technical than self can give better advice.

paulparker:~$ apt show evolution
Package: evolution
Version: 3.44.4-0ubuntu1
Priority: optional
Section: universe/gnome
Origin: Ubuntu
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com
Original-Maintainer: Debian GNOME Maintainers pkg-gnome-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org
Bugs: OpenID transaction in progress
Installed-Size: 477 kB
Provides: imap-client, mail-reader
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.34), libcamel-1.2-63 (>= 3.44.3), libclutter-gtk-1.0-0 (>= 0.91.8), libecal-2.0-1 (>= 3.44.3), libedataserver-1.2-26 (>= 3.44.3), libevolution (>= 3.44.4), libevolution (<< 3.45), libglib2.0-0 (>= 2.56), libgtk-3-0 (>= 3.10.0), libical3 (>= 3.0.0), libnotify4 (>= 0.7.0), libsoup2.4-1 (>= 2.42), libxml2 (>= 2.7.4), evolution-common (= 3.44.4-0ubuntu1), evolution-data-server (>= 3.44.3), evolution-data-server (<< 3.45), dbus, psmisc
Recommends: evolution-plugins, evolution-plugin-bogofilter | evolution-plugin-spamassassin, evolution-plugin-pstimport, yelp
Suggests: evolution-ews, evolution-plugins-experimental, gnupg, network-manager
Breaks: evolution-common (<< 3.20.4-1~)
Replaces: evolution-common (<< 3.20.4-1~)
Homepage: Apps/Evolution - GNOME Wiki!
Task: ubuntu-mate-desktop
Download-Size: 300 kB
APT-Manual-Installed: yes
APT-Sources: AARNet Mirror jammy-updates/universe amd64 Packages
Description: groupware suite with mail client and organizer
Evolution is a groupware suite which integrates mail, calendar,
address book, to-do list and memo tools.
Additional features include integration with Exchange
servers, newsgroup client, LDAP support and web calendars
The following plugins belonging to the “base” set are included.

• calendar-file
  • calendar-http
  • itip-formatter
  • default-source
  • addressbook-file
  • mark-all-read
  • publish-calendar
  • caldav
  • imap-features
  • google-account-setup
  • webdav-account-setup
  • calendar-weather
  • sa-junk-plugin
  • bogo-junk-pluginm

N: There is 1 additional record. Please use the ‘-a’ switch to see it
paulparker:~$

Then try simialar with example1: evolution installed
Copy and paste results into text file, save to text file, when finished copy and paste your results which will help more Technical than self can give better advice.

paulparker:~$ apt search evolution | grep -i Installed

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

evolution/jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed]
evolution-common/jammy-updates,jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 all [installed,automatic]
evolution-data-server/jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
evolution-data-server-common/jammy-updates,jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 all [installed,automatic]
Installed tests for the evolution database backend server
evolution-plugin-bogofilter/jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
evolution-plugin-pstimport/jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
evolution-plugins/jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed]
folks-common/jammy,jammy,now 0.15.5-2 all [installed,automatic]
gnome-contacts/jammy,now 41.0-2 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libcamel-1.2-63/jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libebackend-1.2-10/jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libebook-1.2-20/jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libebook-contacts-1.2-3/jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libecal-2.0-1/jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libedata-book-1.2-26/jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libedata-cal-2.0-1/jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libedataserver-1.2-26/jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libedataserverui-1.2-3/jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libevolution/jammy-updates,now 3.44.4-0ubuntu1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libfolks-eds26/jammy,now 0.15.5-2 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libfolks26/jammy,now 0.15.5-2 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libgdbussyncevo0/jammy,now 2.0.0-3 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libreoffice-evolution/jammy-updates,jammy-security,now 1:7.3.6-0ubuntu0.22.04.2 amd64 [installed]
libreoffice-gnome/jammy-updates,jammy-security,now 1:7.3.6-0ubuntu0.22.04.2 amd64 [installed,automatic]
libsyncevolution0/jammy,now 2.0.0-3 amd64 [installed,automatic]
nautilus-sendto/jammy,now 3.8.6-4 amd64 [installed,automatic]
syncevolution-common/jammy,jammy,now 2.0.0-3 all [installed,automatic]
syncevolution-libs-gnome/jammy,now 2.0.0-3 amd64 [installed]
paulparker:~$

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.