Error writing credentials to socket

Saving password (and user ID) is offered, saved in pw protected keychain, but after reboot and starting epiphany from terminal a warning is displayed when I go to a web page requiring user ID and pw. The information is not filled in, I have to type it again (then it asks if to save this. OK, It looks like something is wrong with socket and pipe/

** (process:2): WARNING **: 14:43:09.123: Error writing credentials to socket: Error sending message: Broken pipe

This is a highly customized Gentoo desktop machine, now display manager, simple X server and twm (The Window Manager) managing gui programs.

All configurations are default. Why broken pipe?

Respectfully submitted,

jankom

[SOLVED]
Tried strace or dmesg but no hint on what is failing. Searched the web and found an Archlinux instruction for installing epiphany.
The solution was to install “gnome-keyring” in order to make passord and user ID saving feature work. Now things work as expected.
My suggestion - and I don’t know what is the proper channel for this:
(1) include a comment, or better yet, check if gnome-keyring is installed, in the “Preferences” screen for Password saving section to make sure gnome-keyring is installed otherwise that functionality is not available, could not be set.
(2) Also include a similar comment in the project web site web - epiphany, Download or Install section that gnome-keyring package needs to be installed for full functionality of epiphany web browser.

Respectfully submitted,

jankom

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.