Engagement team meeting call (March 2021)

Hi all,

Monday 2021-03-29T18:00:00Z we will have our next engagement meeting call.
In this meeting we will also discuss for the Chat Evaluation Initiative where we can discuss and share thoughts.

Etherpad link: https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/engagement-team-meetings

Join us here: https://meet.gnome.org/b/kri-ahs-rrn-g49

See you then,
Kristi

2 Likes

Here are the notes from the meeting enjoy.

Attendees

  • Kristi
  • Caroline
  • Rosanna
  • Sri
  • Daniel
  • Melissa

Agenda

  • Last meeting:
  • Chat Evaluation
  • Social Hour
  • GNOME Latam event
  • Events update
  • GUADEC
  • LAS
  • Challenge updates
  • Google Season of docs

Meeting Notes

Chat Evaluation

  • Deadline for survey is this Wedensday

  • After deadline Kristi and Neil will evaluate data

  • have recieved many responses

Social Hour

  • First one probably second week of April?

  • Would like to invite the winner of the Community Engagement Challenge as speaker

  • @Kristi has other guest options as well

  • Will update discourse with guest info

  • Could possibly turn social hour into GNOME podcast - needs feedback on how to do this

  • TODO: put out call to community to see if anyone is interested in contributing to a podcast - editing audio, etc.

  • TODO: @kprogri Sri will ask Nathan Willis about this

GNOME Latam

  • Took place March 27 (Sat)

  • Talks were in Spanish and Portuguese

  • @Daniel’s update

  • Talking about how everyone can get involved in GNOME/open source if you’re not a developer.

  • Translators, designers, etc.

  • Was a great experience for many people who don’t speak English

  • 10 speakers

  • Already thinking about GNOME Latam 2 - lots of interest from the people who attended

  • @Sri: did you feel the event was well supported, was there anything else we could have helped with?

  • @Daniel: getting the video off BBB could be more accessible

Event Updates

  • GUADEC:

  • CfP closing tomorrow (was extended by 1 week, has gotten more talks submitted)

  • We’re fixing somethings on the Registration, but will open soon

  • Molly is working on getting Sponsors - she has some who have already said yes to sponsoring

  • working on some accessibility items - possibly a sign language interpreter, evaluating BBB for accessibility issues and getting in contact with BBB rep

  • @Melissa working on conference activity ideas:

  • LAS

  • @Caroline looking into Merch for LAS

  • Sponsorships and partnerships are doing ok - we have some new interest

Community Engagement Challenge

  • @Deadline for the final round was earlier this month.

  • Winners will be announced in live showcase on April 7 at 17:00 UTC (https://events.gnome.org/event/75/)

  • We would like help promoting the showcase - share the link and invite people!

  • Also looking for more people/companies who might be interested in sponsoring a new challenge, if you know of anyone reach out to Melissa, Caroline, or Molly (https://foundation.gnome.org/team/)

Google Season of Docs

  • @Sri and @kprogri working on project, submitted application to Google

  • Will have answer from Google on April 16

  • Need to promote on social, news, etc to get more interest from technical writers

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.