Emblems in Nautilus are (almost) back

I had written in previous posts about some widgets I was working on, and one of these was an emblem picker.

I wasn’t working on it just for the sake of experimenting, the idea was that of bringing it to Nautilus Annotations.

Well, we are almost there. I will only need to audit it for a little bit, and then I will need the forum’s help with its CSS.

The good thing is that emblems in Nautilus are (almost) back.

nautilus-annotations-emblems

―madmurphy

1 Like

It would be great to see something in Nautilus that is actually useful. I stopped using it for lack of features and unfixed regressions.

Well, with the latest release of Nautilus Annotations emblems are back after all :slight_smile:

emblems-are-back

―madmurphy

1 Like

Thanks for your efforts!

Brings back old times. :)

1 Like

I, too, pine for gmc sometimes. Some of each generation are doomed to reimplement the file manager from scratch, whilst others reimplement mutually-incompatible theming engines for it.

Meanwhile, in 2022, I am still using locate to find my files on a Linux system, and yet I am part of the problem because I do nothing to affect the state of things. At least @madmurphy is giving it a go.

2 Likes

You are very welcome!

:slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.