Do Y'all Want The GNOME North American Event Box?

Facebook just alerted me that I’ve now had it for 11 Years. It was originally sent to a friends’ house - and arrived there, apparently, on September 13, 2012 :smiley: For, Ohio Linux Fest 2012. It’s been in my basement ever since. (I may have used it for Penguicon and another Ohio Linux Fest or two as well…). The stuff in it was Old then. I’m sure it has aged appropriately. :smiley:

Anywho. The point is… do y’all want it?

1 Like

Thanks for starting this topic! Can you tell us what is in the box?

Box contents :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, thanks. Any of the flyers/postcards/paper items we definitely don’t need, but I’ll check on the rest of the items and see how we want to deal with them!

@gonyere after a quick chat with the team, everything in the box is outdated and we don’t think it’s worth the cost to ship it. Are you able to recycle the electronics somewhere local? The only other question is it looks like in one of the photos there is a cash box, is there anything in there we need to deal with?

Got you! No, I just went down and double checked and the cash box is empty. I’ll probably just throw most if it away - AFAIK there’s no electronic recycling around here, though I will probably use the box for storage. Thank you for your time.

If you have no use for them yourself and all those devices would be going to go to the trash, might as well list them up as “free / giving away” on Craigslist (or any other free popular online classified ads you have)? Surely someone could enjoy having a free monitor, keyboard, mouse in good working condition, even if they’re old by today’s standards. You’d be surprised how fast things can go when listed as “free” here :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.