Diversity and Inclusion Meeting Announcement

Dear GNOME Community,

We are thrilled to announce the launch of our Diversity and Inclusion meetings at GNOME! We are dedicated to creating a more inclusive and welcoming environment for everyone involved in our projects.

As an open-source community, we believe that diversity is our strength, and we want to ensure that every individual, regardless of their background, feels valued and included in our community. Our Diversity and Inclusion meetings will provide a platform for open discussions, idea sharing, and action planning to promote diversity and inclusion within the GNOME project.

Meeting details:
First Meeting: 13th November, 2023
Frequency: Monthly
Time: 17:00 - 18:00 UTC

Agenda for the first meeting:

1. Welcome and Introductions
  2. Overview of GNOME’s Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives (InclusionAndDiversity - GNOME Wiki!)
  3. Open Discussion and Idea Sharing
  4. Action Items and Next Steps

We look forward to your participation in this important journey!

You can find details of the event at: Diversity and Inclusion at GNOME (13 November 2023) · GNOME Events (Indico)

8 Likes

For those of us who have trouble converting time zones, this should show in the local time: 2023-11-13T17:00:00Z

3 Likes

Excellent! Happy to pass on any thing to my wife who is a DEI expert and has done a few workshops at GUADEC and LAS.

You might want to update the wiki and at least add yourself there @deepeshaburse :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw this too late to join in. Sorry to have missed it! Were there any notes from the meeting? It is nice to see things active here.

1 Like

No problem at all, here is the link to the meeting notes: Diversity and Inclusion in GNOME - HedgeDoc :grinning:

The next meeting is on 11th November.

Thanks for the link! I see @kprogri’s action item of getting more information about how Fedora approaches DEI in our community. I am happy to help represent the Fedora community here.

I met with Amita Sharma in the Fedora DEI Team today, and we were wondering if any other members of the GNOME D&I Team would be at GNOME Asia. If yes, it could be a good time for introductions and talking about possibilities for more collaboration in 2024.

Do you mean 12th December? If yes, is there a calendar invite shared or anywhere to get the exact details of how/when to join in?

Thanks!

2 Likes

To give an update, me and @Amita_Sharma met @zana at GNOME Asia during lunch on one of the conference days. We got to know the full story of the GNOME D&I Team and what the team is looking to focus on. We shared some of our tips from reviving our Fedora DEI Team this year after a long break, including our process for coming up with a vision and mission statement for our team:

3 Likes

I’m so sorry to have missed this message! I meant 11th December. You can join using the link: Home Room.

Thanks!

That sounds great! I will definitely go through the link and catch up with the discussions. Looking forward to collaborating with Fedora. Please do join the meeting next week :smiley:

What time is the next meeting, the same time as before? 17:00 UTC? I am in India right now, so this is 10:30 PM at night :yawning_face: I am also traveling today so I might not make it, but perhaps a member of our team in an earlier time zone could make it.

1 Like

Yes, the meeting is at 17:00 UTC. That sounds good, thanks!

Sorry, I missed it - I unfortunately had meeting conflicts. I hope it went well!

No problem at all, the next meeting is on 8th January. Yes, we will be deciding the vision and mission soon. You can check out the meeting minutes here: Diversity and Inclusion in GNOME - HedgeDoc

Looking forward to it! Hoping to catch some of the call on Monday.

Hi all! if you plan to join our meeting today, please join us here now Kristi's Office

1 Like

Oh! I thought the meeting was next week. Sorry I missed i!

Hello everyone, the meeting for this month will be happening on 19th February at 17:00 UTC. Looking forward to seeing you all there!

1 Like

We have our next meeting on 18th March. You can join the meeting using the same links as above

1 Like

Thanks for chairing today @deepeshaburse! :raised_hands:

1 Like