Display flickering during video playback

Hello,

First off, I apologize for not including much terminal information, I am not sure on how to do that, please let me know how to do that so I can make diagnosis of the problem easier.

The main problem that I’m having is that I get these flashing green diagonal lines on the primary display when using youtube for video playback and engaging the tiling hint over the video. I use a dual display setup at 144hz each.

Here is the setup:

• Primary display is right, secondary is left.
  • Primary display has Firefox maximized. YouTube video is in “Theatre” mode.
  • I start Nautilus, and I drag it so that the tiling hint is over the left side of the primary display.
  • Once I move the mouse further than the limit that is needed to engage the tiling hint (the tiling hint is no longer present), the tiling hint fades, but for a brief moment the display will flicker with diagonal green lines. It is reproducible.

I have checked cables, displays, and I have even bought a new graphics card as well. Sometimes the graphical bugs with the horizontal lines will happen during the video playback, causing a constant flickering. I have even tried different PCIe slots in my board to see if the issue is the board.

I’m somewhat at a loss for what to do since no one else seems to be having this problem. Thank you very much for your time.

EDIT: I also have images available to show the graphical glitch. Additionally I can set the video to a specific frame and the graphical bug stay on the display.

Here is the image:

I’ve also got a journalctl as well with some window manager warnings, but I’m not quite sure how to diagnose the issue from there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.