Desktop Sharing and Remote Login

Hello,

I’ve been fiddling aroung with Desktop Sharing and Remote Login today, trying to turn my mobile phone into a VR display.

Suitable Android applications are hard to find. So far I found two: Microsoft Corporation - Remote Desktop and Devolutions - Remote Desktop Manager.

The second does make a viewable connection with the Gnome RDP server in both modes, but the connection is quite unstable and full screen mode could be better. The first does make a viewable connection with the Gnome RDP server in Remote Login mode, but gives a garbled screen when connecting in Desktop Sharing mode.

Making both connections from gnome-connections has not been any problem.

Does anyone know any other working Andoid applications? Does Gnome have a solution of its own?

Kind regards,
Mischa Baars.

I’m having an issue getting Remote Login to work. I’m using the android microsoft “RD Client” app and I get this prompt and then error 0x207. Anyone have anything I can try?

You can try this link and the grdctl command line utility. I tried this utility before I found out about gnome-control-center->system->remote desktop section and I suppose the setup should work the other way around or entirely without the command line utility. It messed up the system even more, but in the end I was able to make the connection.

No VR yet though, because I only got the remote login to work.

If you get the Desktop Sharing to work, please let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.