Desktop cosmetics

Hello all,

I’m new to this forum, although I’ve been using Gnome almost forever - on Debian.
Many thanks to all who contribute to the development and support and make their work available!

But now I have a question - and the opportunity to pursue it, although it is actually totally unimportant:

On my Gnome desktop (on Bullseye, stable-only) I installed gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons, because I just don’t like to work without icons on the desktop.
Currently there are also two SymLinks there, one pointing to an rdesktop call (a .desktop file) and another to a subdirectory in the filesystem.

Now the cosmetic mania has taken hold of me and I wanted to give both links their own icon. Right mouse button on it, select a pretty picture and - is not displayed…
Although the preview in the properties dialog on the tab ‘Basic’ is great to see, and also in Nautilus the links in ~/Desktop/ are nicely decorated, but just not on the desktop.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Thanks and greetings,

BruderB

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.