Dbus introspection

I’m experimenting a bit with dbus recently and I had the need to test wether a specific interface was defined at an object path in a specific moment on demand. What I ended up doing was hardcoding the org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable interface, calling its Introspect method and looking for the interface there.

Since introspection is as standard as object managment (for which there are classes that help with its methods), I wondered whether there are such classes for dbus introspection as well or a more standard way to approach the need I described earlier.

I understand that Gio.DBusObjectProxy is not and would not be the appropriate class since it does not have a g-name property reflecting the dbus name needed to list its interfaces and it should not be anyway because unmanaged objects cannot get a interface-added/interface-removed signal needed to be a DBusObject. Please, correct me if my understanding is wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.