DBus cannot launch GNOME Keyring for the secrets service

Hi, I’m having a problem with gnome-keyring. I’ve added pam_gnome_keyring.so to my greeter’s PAM configuration, and it writes to the syslog that the keyring is unlocked, but when any program tries to use the org.freedesktop.secrets interface, dbus-daemon can’t start it and it timeouts. If i run /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon --start --foreground --components=secrets (as I can find in the dbus service file), it just says discover_other_daemon: 1, but it never prints any environment variable

EDIT: Apparently the fact that the environment variable is not printed is not a problem, the problem is that gnome-keyring-daemon exits even though --foreground is specified

EDIT 2: I think the problem arises at gkd-main.c:1083-1086 - gnome-keyring-daemon executes like normal, but somehow the name-vanished-handler is invoked immediately, which makes the main loop exit

In the end, it was because I didn’t have a running dbus session instance, g_bus_watch_name explicitly monitors only that instance instead of switching to the system bus when the user one isn’t available

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.