Custom keyboard layout and key repeat doesn't work under Wayland session

I have created a custom keyboard layout I have placed under /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/. I have also modified the /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev.xml file to add my layout in the layoutlist so it can be recognized from gnome’s keyboard settings.

Now the problem. While they layout is recognized and It can be selected, It doesn’t work! They layout is the same as English (US). Under the X11 session, I’m able to manually set it using setxkbmap but I cannot do that under the Wayland session so I’m trapped here. Any ideas?

EDIT:

I had to just reboot my system in order for they layout to work. YES, it was recognized as I said but for some reason, it needed a reboot in order to PROPERLY work, smh!!!

Thank you everyone for your help!

Using setxkbmap should not be necessary on X11 either (and will get overwritten in some situations). Is the correct layout included in gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.input-sources sources? Does gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.input-sources show-all-sources true help?

1 Like

It seems to show the the selected layout are us and mine so I suppose it works under X11. My point was that I have no problems under X11 while Wayland (which I want to move to) doesn’t work.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.