Creating an installation package

Hey all!

I’m finally getting around to learning how export my GTK3 application into an installer.

Do I need to download/install a “GTK runtime DLL”? Or can I sort of just drag and drop the entire GTK3 library into the zip folder with the compiled program?

I’m new to this process so I’d really appreciate any help that can be spared.

Thank you!

You will have to manually collect everything to make an installer. In general you need to track down all dependent libraries, data files like icons, etc.

There are some scripts that existed to help with that in the past but I don’t know of any that are up to date. This one is very outdated but it can give you a hint at what the task is like: nsiswrapper.pl

I would look around for other GTK3 projects that support Windows and see if they have some scripts.

I was able to use a wizard to generate a script that worked. I also copied over all the dependencies like you said.

My application will launch however when I go to utilize the file open dialog, it crashes with the following error:

Gtk-WARNING **: 19:21:03.595: Could not load a pixbuf from icon theme. This may indicate that pixbuf loaders or the mime database could not be found.

You probably need the SVG loader from the librsvg project. You also need the gdk-pixbuf.loaders file installed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.