Convert GTK4 project to exe without need to install on GTK4 on customer client

is there any way to convert GTK4 project to exe without need to install on GTK4 on customer client please can uou guide me ?

Do you mean to generate a bundle for Windows?

yes please
thank you

Maybe this is what you want:
How to deploy GTK based app on windows?(Updated at 08/03/2020)

1 Like

we need to give the customer EXE Software , this software should be working on customer machine without any necessary install…if we go through last Topic can you create exe Software ?

You should build the application and its dependencies on your machine, and then package the build artefacts—the executable, the DLLs, the icon assets—using an installer, like NSIS.

Thank you for great cooperation, i check NSIS but this is well generate Installer file , the executable file and DLLs, the icon assets copied to Customer client will when we run Installer file…but what we mean is there any way to embed the executable file and DLLs, the icon assets in one exe file and no need to installer file just only when we press the exe file the GTK App will run.

Statically linking GTK is not supported, AFAIK. Also be mindful of the license, LGPL and static linking.

You could try the trick of wrapping your application, dlls and everything else in another application which on execution extracts things into %TEMP% and executes the original. I believe Microsoft did something like this in .NET Core 3.1 self-contained applications.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.