Context menu problem

Hello, I have a problem with the context menu in Debian 12, Gnome 1:43+1. When I right-click in any program, the context menu opens close to the mouse pointer. If I release the right-click and accidentally touch one of the menu items, an event related to the menu item is triggered, as if a left-click had occurred. Is there a way to disable the “release right-click” event check on menu items or to make the menu open further away from the mouse pointer?

X11 or Wayland?
GTK apps?
GTK4-specific?

Your description smells of these two issues which still somewhat persist (Wayland with GTK4 apps in my case, and that initial right-click opens context menus with an item already selected/highlighted (see this screenshot specifically)):

Thanks for the reply! I use X11, but I just checked in Wayland, it’s the same there. It is difficult for me to answer the question about GTK. I can list several applications for example: firefox, gnome-commander, xfce4-terminal, nautilus, Android Studio, keepassxc.

Probably in all applications that I use, after calling the context menu by right-clicking, if I release the right mouse button on the context menu item, then this item is “executed”. I think this is not a bug, it was intended that way. I want to disable this so that I don’t accidentally perform actions that I don’t need. Or can I make the context menu open further away from the mouse cursor?

Yeah, so any GTK or QT.

Correct. Intended behavior.

Sorry, please disregard the irrelevant issues I linked as I misunderstood your OP.

Can I change this in dconf-editor or in other settings? If the context menu had opened a little later or further away from the mouse cursor, this solution would have worked for me too! I recently messed up important files by pressing rmb and decided that now is the time to fix it…