Community hackfest

@sri We are four on the docs team and it looks like the hostel ran out of 2- or 4 bed rooms. Any other ideas for a reasonably-priced place to stay in the area?

I’ll ask Teresa who has been helping to coordinate accommodation… you’re welcome to stay at my place too.

Hi all,

I will be attending the hackfest as part of the Documentation project effort. I’m still settling accommodations, but my employer has agreed to fund my travel and accommodations. I’ll have a spare bed in a hotel for someone at no cost.

Jim

Have we settled on a venue for the event yet? If so, please let us know. Thanks!

Yay!! That’s a great news @j1mc the venue will be confirmed soon and I will let you all know for that.

Regarding the accommodation Teresa contacted https://www.hiusa.org/hostels/oregon/portland/hawthorne-district and they have space to accommodate participants for those nights.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you would like to stay here so we can make the reservation, keep in mind that in July the city is really crowded and hostels are in high demand so the sooner the better :smiley:

Thanks,
Kristi

@j1mc @sri that’s awesome. thanks, @kprogri!

Just a follow-up to the lodging discussion: the docs team is staying at The Hotel Zags downtown.

That’s great! We will see you at the hackfest!