Color profile exporting issue with .png &.tff

I’ve had this issue ever since I’ve update to the second revision of 2.10.34. Whenever I export anything with the extensions .png or .tff, the color profile is seemingly turned strange. If there’s anyway I could fix this issue, it’d be great.

spec
spec

Are you referring to the downstream second version of gimp-2.10.34 ? Also, which OS / distro was this on ?

I assuming the jpeg ( brown image ) is the input, and the png ( colored image ) is the output.

Running exiftool on the png image doesn’t show any color profile. It shows only a palette. Do you imply that this metadata information is incorrect ?

$ exiftool 1.png 
ExifTool Version Number         : 12.64
File Name                       : 1.png
Directory                       : .
File Size                       : 219 bytes
File Modification Date/Time     : 2023:08:19 21:26:19+00:00
File Access Date/Time           : 2023:08:19 21:26:53+00:00
File Inode Change Date/Time     : 2023:08:19 21:26:19+00:00
File Permissions                : -rw-r--r--
File Type                       : PNG
File Type Extension             : png
MIME Type                       : image/png
Image Width                     : 26
Image Height                    : 42
Bit Depth                       : 4
Color Type                      : Palette
Compression                     : Deflate/Inflate
Filter                          : Adaptive
Interlace                       : Noninterlaced
Palette                         : (Binary data 18 bytes, use -b option to extract)
Transparency                    : 0
Image Size                      : 26x42
Megapixels                      : 0.001
1 Like

I meant to say color palette. I figured out the problem anyways. When I updated, the settings I used were wiped and it defaulted to “automatic pixelformat” instead of the 16bpc RGBA I normally use. It’s just another case of me being silly.

If Gimp with automatic pixel format exports the image as a color-indexed PNG, then the image is already color-indexed in Gimp, and I don’t see much point in exporting with 16-bit/channel?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.