Can GtkListStore be connected to GSettings

The GSettings API allows for object properties to be directly bound to keys stored in GSettings through the g_settings_bind_with_mapping() API, which is very convenient.

However, what I am wondering is whether there is a way to connect a GtkListStore with a key in GSettings? In essence, I’d like to be able to populate the GtkListStore from GSettings and then store the values back.

I understand that this will have to be done through a mapping function with g_settings_bind_with_mapping() but I don’t know what property of GtkListStore is appropriate to use?

Thank you.

I’m not really sure what you’re trying to achieve. You want to iterate over all the keys in a GSettings schema and populate a GtkListStore?

Settings schemas cannot change at run time, so you need to populate it once.

I don’t want to iterate over a schema. I want to use values stored in GSettings to populate a GtkListStore.

For example, a GSettings schema could contain a key called ‘listValues’ of type ‘a(ss)’, each element of that list would be a string that will be inserted into one of the columns of a GtkListStore. I would look up the value of key ‘listValues’ and use that information to populate the GtkListStore.

There’s definitely no API to do this out of the box; you will need to iterate manually over the GVariant you get out of the GSettings key, and then populate the GtkListStore.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.