Call for GNOME booth Volunteers: FOSDEM and State of Open Con 23

We’re attending two events in Feb 2023 and are looking for volunteers to staff the GNOME booths at both. If you will be attending either event or live in the areas and are interested in helping us out, please read the details below and let us know you’re interested by replying to this post. Make sure to include which event and what days you’re able to volunteer. If you sign up to volunteer we will contact you with more details.

Thank you!

Expectations

Volunteers will be expected to work at the GNOME table for 1-3 hours each event day, and represent GNOME and the GNOME Foundation during this time by talking to event attendees at the booth, answering questions, selling merchandise, and handing out SWAG. Volunteers must follow the GNOME code of conduct.

Events

FOSDEM 23
February 4-5, 2023
Brussels, Belgium

State of Open Con 23
February 7-8, 2023
London, England UK

4 Likes

I am interesting in :
FOSDEM 23
February 4-5, 2023
Brussels, Belgium

1 Like

Hey @Chenriksen I’m interested in volunteering to “State of Open” Conference,

Cheers 🫶

1 Like

Hi! I already have my FOSDEM travel booked, and would be happy to spend a few hours helping with the booth. I am leaving relatively early on Sunday, so probably would not be able to help with teardown, but am available for the rest of the time.

I live a few hours from London, and could help out at the State of Open conference too, but probably only on one of the days due to travel time. Either day would be fine.

1 Like

Fantastic, thank you! Kristi and I will send you a private message for more details and the booth schedule soon.

Thank you, David! Kristi and I are still putting the booth schedule together so we will reach out to you privately shortly about which FOSDEM hours work best for you.

I’m hoping to have more details from the State of Open conference event organizers soon so will contact you about that separately.

1 Like

Thanks Claudio! I’ll send you a message when we have more details from the event organizers.

I just confirmed my trip to FOSDEM, so count me in for the booth (except for Sunday afternoon when I’m returning). I will be bringing items from the GNOME European Swag Box with me in the flight. Events/Box/Europe - GNOME Wiki!

1 Like

Hi all,

Thanks so much for helping out at the GNOME booth! We’ve put together a schedule for the FOSDEM, please add your name to any spot you’re willing and available to volunteer for. FOSDEM 2023 Booth Schedule - Google Sheets
(@amigadave @felipeborges @Tas-sos)

After receiving more information about State of the Con 23 in London we’ve learned we do not need additional volunteers at that event, but thank you @cwunder and @amigadave for offering!

If you have any additional questions please feel free to email me at chenriksen@gnome.org.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.