Automount config leads to freezing GDM Login

Hi,

I hope I can describe the problem sufficiently well, as I am not very familiar with the system components.

I have a CIFS automount configuration that allows me to access a remote share when connected to a VPN.

Since Fedora 37, the gdm login hangs for about two minutes after the laptop has been in idle-mode:
dmesg output:
CIFS: VFS: \\10.0.0.1 has not responded in 180 seconds. Reconnecting...
If I remove the automount configuration, the login works directly.

Here is the systemd configuration:

cat /etc/systemd/system/mnt-data.automount
[Unit]
Description=Automount /mnt/data
Requires=NetworkManager.service
After=network-online.target
Wants=network-online.target
DefaultDependencies=no

[Automount]
Where=/mnt/data
TimeoutIdleSec=10min

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
cat /etc/systemd/system/mnt-datpool.mount 
[Unit]
Description=data mount

[Mount]
What=//10.0.0.1/data
Where=/mnt/data
Options=credentials=/home/user/.smbcreddata,noperm,vers=3.11,rw
Type=cifs

The error message makes sense because the VPN connection is not available. Is this now an error at all or desired behaviour of systemd + GDM?

Anyone has an idea where to fill a Bug-Report? Is it a gdm, systemd or gnome-shell issue in your opinion?

It doesn’t really matter: maintainers can move the issue to the more appropriate component after your filed it.

Thanks. I have opened a systemd bug report to start: Automount config leads to hanging boot · Issue #26060 · systemd/systemd · GitHub

not a systemd issue. So i created a gdm bug report: Automount config leads to hanging login after suspend (#831) · Issues · GNOME / gdm · GitLab

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.