Automatic App Folders Not Working

I lost all of my app folders in the app picker. Now all apps are listed one by one in an alphabetical order. I tried to reset /org/gnome/desktop/app-folders dconf directory and /org/gnome/shell/app-picker-layout dconf key, log out and then log back in. But it didn’t help.

gnome-menus is installed on my system and I might be misremembering but I think when I had logged in after installing it for the first time, GNOME had automatically put some apps in automatically created app folders.

How do I ask GNOME to automatically create standard app-folders and put apps in them?

gnome-shell should automatically create them when started if /org/gnome/desktop/app-folders/folder-children is empty: js/ui/appDisplay.js · 9f7a7ed202e00fa562af8bdf69320ad5de7e233a · GNOME / gnome-shell · GitLab

Thanks for the reply and sorry that I forgot to mention, GNOME Shell does create entries in /org/gnome/desktop/app-folders/folder-children but they are always ['Utilities', 'Pardus', 'YaST']. Utilities seems to be created correctly, however, I do not know from where did GNOME Shell find YaST and Pardus. Their associated desktop-directories files don’t exist on my system (as far as I know). Also, YaST and Pardus are not shown in the app picker as they are empty.

It seems like a GNOME Shell bug but I’m pretty sure I’m doing something wrong here as I am using Arch Linux installed manually and each package installed one by one, not the whole GNOME group together. I’m pretty sure I’ve messed up something somewhere.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.