Appreciation for the GNOME calculator

Hello!
I just wanted to point out how great the GNOME calculator is!
A great built-in calculator app goes a long way (I’m looking at you, Windows) and ease of use should go side by side with functionality, which is exactly what the GNOME calculator developers achieved in my opinion.
I particularly find the programming mode very useful, and the keyboard shortcuts are just the cherry on the cake!
Thank you very much for this open source software!

5 Likes

100%!

And a little known feature is that if you enable the Calculator’s search provider, you get calculation results within your Shell search directly.

2 Likes

Exactly! Maybe this limits you to exercise your brain when you need a quick calculation, but a very useful feature indeed! :wink:

By the way, I have a question regarding the search feature. Can you change the base of the output in the shell search? I noticed that you can input e.g. hexadecimal numbers, but the result is still output as a decimal number.

It doesn’t seem like. The search term is just fed to gnome-calculator --solve <equation> with no option to tweak the output.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.