Adwaita icons on windows

Hi There,

The windows distribution of Horizon EDA (https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/gewedwoomuclho41/artifacts/dist%2Fhorizon-2021-05-10-2308.zip) consists of two main executables, about 100 DLLs and almost 6000 icons from the Adwaita theme. I’m pretty sure that I don’t need all of them, but I don’t want to risk any broken icons in my application.

Installing that many small files on windows tends to be rather slow, so I started exploring ways of reducing that ridiculous number of icon files.

One approach I came up with involved stuffing the Adwaita icons into a GRresource, compile it as a DLL and link it to the main executables. In there, i called gtk_icon_theme_add_resource_path on the default icon theme. This appeared to have worked for many icons, but not the ones in the ui directory as the added icons from the resource are part of hicolor theme rather than Adwaita and the hicolor theme doesn’t specify the ui directory. By aliasing icons in the ui directory to actions, I was able to get all icons to show up, but I’m not quite sure if this doesn’t have any unintended side effects.

Any suggestions for other approaches to this problem?

Lukas

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.