Adress listing in evolution not avaible?

I used evolution for linux in version 3.44.4.

When I go to contacts → list view, i can display lines for name, telephone, fax etc., but not for the address. Why? Will this shortcoming still be fixed?

In general: will evolution be further developed?

Greetings from Germany, Frank.

When I go to contacts → list view, i can display lines for name, telephone, fax etc., but not for the address. Why?

Either because nobody has requested this feature before in the issue tracker, or because nobody has provided a code change yet which implements this feature.

Will this shortcoming still be fixed?

If you or someone else provide a patch, there is a chance.

In general: will evolution be further developed?

It has been under active development for many years.

I don’t know if the issue you raise is still present, but Evolution is
still being developed. The current version is 3.48, which is more than
a year later than what you have.

poc

Hi,
addresses are usually multiline information. That doesn’t fit to a
single-line row of the list view, aka you’d not see much from the
address anyway.
Bye,
Milan

This is a very useful feature when scanning through contacts looking for people in a particular state or country. With both CardBook (a Thunderbird plugin) and BusyContacts (a Mac app), in list view, one can easily view and sort by Country, Region, City, or Street Address. Historically people have been known by their City ( i.e. Jesus of Nazareth) and classically “an Address Book/Contact List” was for keeping track of where to mail letters. One may make a list of contacts in Evolution to mail letters to and be able to view their names and addresses easily in a list while they write out the addresses on the envelopes. I think ignoring this functionality looses sight of those worthy traditions.

Would someone be willing to implement this? - Feature request: link

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.