About the airplane/bluetooth behavior

Hi there,

I made this account just so I could search about this issue, but strangely, I could not find any mention about the airplane mode.

So, I have been using Gnome on/off for a while now, I have used it in Debian, Manjaro, Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSuse; and I always run into this issue, and I could never find a reason nor a solution.

Whenever I toggle the wifi off, it goes into airplane-mode, then, switching airplane-mode off, sets wifi AND bluetooth on, so I have to turn bt off; only to have to repeat the process again on relogin or rebooting.

Is this how it is supposed to work?, Is this a bug? is it one of those cases of you-are-doing-it-wrong?.

I do not mean to hurt anyone’s feelings, I really do not understand the logic of this behavior.

Cheers.

2 Likes

There’s this gitlab issue.

See the discussion on the aforementioned bug, but the gist is: There’s no actual airplane mode state on the kernel level, so what we do is interpret “everything that would emit radio is turned off” as airplane mode. Some improvements should still be possible, but ideally we’d get an actual airplane mode state that we can support.

Ok, thanx for the link,

So, what could I do in the meantime? is it possible to remove / disable the airplane-mode?, so that it does not exists, therefore can not be triggered? this is not my lang, I know it is weird to read.

Laters.

$ systemctl --user mask --now org.gnome.SettingsDaemon.Rfkill.service 

may work.

Al right, I will try that.

Tnx

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.