3rd party GTK dev libraries

Maybe about 6 years ago there was a third-party project somewhere which was supplying pre-built’MSVC libraries for the GTK stack (these were complete ‘dev’ libraries including the non-GTK dependencies such as freetype / pixman / libpng etc). Unfortunately I can’t remember what it was called :frowning:

Can anyone remember it? I’ve a feeling it might have had a French sounding name but I’m not 100% certain.

1 Like

Hi!
Maybe GitHub - wingtk/gvsbuild: GTK+ 3 stack for Windows? Otherwise there’s MSYS2 that has some prebuilt ones IIRC, but it’s not MSVC libraries.

If you’re using GTK 4, it’ll work out of the box if you follow this blog post :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @vanadiae and thanks for the quick reply. I followed those links but it looked like they were for building GTK myself (rather than pre-built dev libraries).

BUT… the good news is that one of the links reminded me about the company (person?) I was looking for They’re called Arnavion. Probably not french but it sounded french to me!!

Unfortunately it looks like their project is unsupported now so maybe they’ve moved on to something else now :frowning:

I followed those links but it looked like they were for building GTK myself (rather than pre-built dev libraries).

Well, sure. But you can distribute the GTK libraries you built yourself with your app. It shouldn’t really matter if you need to build it or not.

Well “Avion” means “airplane” in french so maybe that’s why you thought it was french :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.