Celebrate Pride Month at GNOME Social Hour, June 24

In honor of Pride Month, we’re excited to invite you to a Pride Month GNOME Social Hour on June 24 at 17:30 UTC.

Join us in celebrating our incredible LGBTQIA+ contributors! Come chat with fellow contributors and Foundation members, and share ideas on how we can better support our LGBTQIA+ community.

Event Details:
Date: June 24, 2024
Time: 17:30 UTC

We look forward to seeing you there!

7 Likes

Hi, @Chenriksen!

I’d like to know, what does “social hour” mean, as in, what will the structure/“order of the day” of the meeting be?

2 Likes

Hi @somas!

By “Social Hour” we mean a casual or informal gathering where our community members are welcome to join and chat with other contributors and members. The structure is generally loose and we don’t have a set agenda like a meeting, but we typically start with greetings and introductions and then open the room to discuss whatever topics the group feels like.

We host a few GNOME Social hours a month as a fun way for community members and contributors to hang out - think of it like a coffee break or a happy hour depending on your time zone!

For this particular hour, we’re celebrating Pride Month and our LGBTQIA+ contributors and community so while the format will be mostly the same as other social hours, we do want to allow time to highlight some of the projects the community is working on and also discuss ideas on how the larger GNOME project/foundation/community can better support our LGBTQIA+ contributors.

discuss ideas on how the larger GNOME project/foundation/community can better support our LGBTQIA+ contributors.

There were some suggestions here

2 Likes

Is there a schedule available for GNOME social hour events? :slight_smile: I remember seeing there was a few months ago, but I am having trouble finding it again.