Why does Gnome recreate extensions when resuming from sleep?

I have disabled “Automatic Screen Lock” in Settings. But still, when I put the computer to sleep and wake it up, I briefly see the lock screen, and when the lock screen disappears, it seems that extensions are recreated. The problem is that if I have a docked panel created by an extension, and maximised windows often get placed beneath the panel when resuming from sleep.

This problem seems to be a common one. See this Ubuntu bug thread with lots of comments: Bug #1961508 “Dock displaying over window after resuming from bl...” : Bugs : gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock package : Ubuntu

I don’t know whose fault it is or why it happens, but what I think is that all this problem could be avoided if there simply is a way to make Gnome not recreate extensions. But that is currently not possible, is it? Then, why is it so? Why can’t Gnome just keep extensions as they are when sleep/resuming?

The problem is that if I have a docked panel created by an extension, and maximised windows often get placed beneath the panel when resuming from sleep.

That’s caused by

Yeah, but I don’t know why that “blanking” should happen at sleep/waking, when I have disabled "Automatic Screen Lock”. That is, I do not want nothing to happen when I put the computer to sleep and waking it up; just stay still as it was.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.