Something went wrong

Hello,

I often face with the problem unavalability of the forum. Sometimes it works, but user avatars are not rendered and I see problems in the web inspector.

I just wanted to make sure these are known issues and someone is looking into fixing them.

It is noteworthy that status.gnome.org always says that is everything is under control

3 Likes

Please, file issues on GitLab to let the sysadmins know.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is right project, but I created a new one: https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/discourse-web/-/issues/1

1 Like

I’ve had the same error just now

1 Like

I think status.gnome.org covers h/w infrastructure status of the machine hosting the service, like machine-reboot / network-down etc. This issue is a software error in the GNOME discourse web application.

Even if status.gnome.org monitors the web service, the service should be down, exactly at the time status.gnome.org polls the service ( which happens every N minutes ). The current failure is a HTTP 500 error, and not a “Cannot connect to discourse.gnome.org” error. Pretty sure that the later is monitored for, not sure about the former.

Thanks

As a coincidence, today, I was automatically logged out of GNOME Discourse. And Web (GNOME Browser) says that discourse.gnome.org is insecure…

2 Likes

The Discourse instance has been updated, and the container in which it runs needed to be cycled.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.