New custom widgets and their CSS

Oh, it’s that widget. I mean TBH it needs a lot more than fixing the selection style, but even here:

• You have black text that’s barely readable. When GTK3 used blue selections, it made the text white
  • If you really want blue even though libadwaita uses grey selections, at least use @accent_bg_color and not a hardcoded color
  • Note that @accent_bg_color only exists in libadwaita and outside it it’s @theme_selected_bg_color instead

Really though colors here aren’t a great choice anyway and you probably want some other indicator. No idea what exactly, I’ve no idea what indeterminate even means here (that’s why the colors aren’t a great choice, yes)

@alicem

Thank you for all the suggestions. As soon as I pass to the “graphic polishing phase” I will definitely come back and ask for your help. At the moment I am still finishing the C code (although I am almost there).

My extension allows to annotate multiple files at the same time (shared annotations). If I add an emblem picker to the annotation window this will need to be able to deal with multiple files too.

If a user selects three files (a.txt, b.txt, c.txt) and only one of these (a.txt) has the “music” emblem set and the other two files (b.txt, c.txt) don’t have it, then the “music” emblem in my widget will have three possible states: normal, :selected and :indeterminate. If the user selects it (:selected, dark blue background) the emblem will be assigned to all three files, if instead the user gives it an :indeterminate state (light blue background) the emblem will be assigned only to a.txt. Finally, in normal state (no background) no files will have that emblem assigned.

I know the graphics needs improving. One step at a time…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.