Nautilus Unable to Remove Network Links

I can see 100’s of entries :slight_smile:

Does this help ?

I have another image but blocked from adding it for 16 hours ???

Does everything match? Like IP addresses and ports?

Did you add/change some host specific configuration on the client to specify which key to use for which host/IP? If the .local hostname is getting used to connect to the server, this might have a different IP address. Try checking with host HOSTNAME if they resolve to the 192.168... IP addresses used in your config. If not, try editing the client side SSH configuration to make sure the host specific settings also apply to the .local hostname.

HI
This is my ssh conf file simple one

I think i see an errror 2 server have same key thorrrr!
I will change 192.168.23.100 to unraid key.
Still not sure why thorrrr would error
If i type:
ssh thorrrr i go directly into server
ssh unraid i go directly into server

But trying the old links from here has stopped working.
It has to beconnected with adding ssh keys but not sure what!
How do i get these 2 connections out of Nautilus or edit them to work again.

HI
This is my ssh conf file simple one

I think i see an errror 2 server have same key thorrrr!
I will change 192.168.23.100 to unraid key.
Still not sure why thorrrr would error
I have edited unraid restarted ssh but still got same issues

Try Host thorrrr.local thorrrr instead of Host thorrrr. That way your settings will still be used for the zeroconf hostname which might be used when connecting to the services announced via zeroconf/DNS-SD.

That’s correct, the upshot being you can’t actually store the root of a server anywhere, in a way that’s accessible on first connection. You’ll always end up at your home directory. Once the remote filesystem is mounted, though, if you create a bookmark to the root of the device, then it will work to navigate there. The auto-mount entry in the sidebar will still go to your homedir, tho.

IOW, this is my Nautilus sidebar. The bottom two entries are bookmarks. (Ignore the Dropbox folder):

The bottom entry is a bookmark to sftp://ferd@______.local/. But if the top entry isn’t already mounted, clicking it will take me to sftp://ferd@_____.local/home/ferd/. Only after the mount is in place (like above), clicking the bottom entry will take me to exactly where it says: the root of the filesystem on ______.local.

(Clicking the top entry, the automount, always takes me to my home directory on _____.local.)

HI
Cheers that worked my old connection for thorrrr worksk again:)
My other Remote Desktop Connection is still getting erros??
But i changed my Unraid to same unraid.local unraid would tha be correct as well

The zeroconf hostname for that server seems to be Bearcave.local not unraid.local.

Can i thank you for all the help and other members who contributed
Have a great New Year

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.