meson build failing

When I try to build gnome-software from source I get this error:

meson.build:109:0: ERROR: Dependency “json-glib-1.0” not found, tried pkgconfig and cmake

If I try to install this package this is what I get: sudo apt install json-glib-1.0 Reading package lists… Done Building dependency tree Reading state information… Done Note, selecting ‘libjson-glib-1.0-0’ for regex ‘json-glib-1.0’ Note, selecting ‘libjson-glib-1.0-common’ for regex ‘json-glib-1.0’ libjson-glib-1.0-0 is already the newest version (1.4.4-2). libjson-glib-1.0-common is already the newest version (1.4.4-2).

So it looks like I have a newer version, but the build process doesn’t recognize it. How can I resolve this?

You need to install the development files package: libjson-glib-dev.

@ebassi That did it! Thanks!

I got further and now it is saying I am missing “malcontent-0”. Which library would that be? Thanks in advance!

The malcontent-0 pkg-config file is provided by libmalcontent. It’s currently not packaged on Debian, as far as I can see.

My suggestion is to use jhbuild, which builds and installs a project (and its dependencies) in a separate prefix, for development and testing.

Could you explain that or provide an example of how that will work?

I linked you to the jhbuild documentation, which comes with examples and explanation. Please, read that.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.