I am trying to build gnome settings using "Builder", but I get error: is_valid_binding

I have freshly installed it. What can be the problem? I can’t find what should I install.
https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=default&section=all&arch=any&keywords=clutter&searchon=names
ERROR: Dependency “clutter-1.0” not found, tried pkgconfig and cmake
List of installed packages Listing...accountsservice/hirsute,now 0.6.55-0ubuntu13.2 amd64 [installed,auto - Pastebin.com

Hi! :slight_smile:

I have freshly installed it. What can be the problem? I can’t find what should I install.

That doesn’t work like that in this particular case. GNOME Settings has a Flatpak manifest in its repository, and that’s what Builder is using by default (and I see it’s indeed using it by the logs shown on your image). This is convenient because you don’t need to download manually all dependencies. But since Flatpak apps are sandboxed, they need to either have their dependencies as part of their flatpak runtime, or they need to build it in their manifest for their own use. So installing clutter on your host Ubuntu system won’t work to make it available for the build.

What happened is that clutter was in the flatpak runtime, so they didn’t need to build it in their manifest. But it was removed recently from there so now the manifest needs to include it. A merge request is already opened, but it isn’t merged yet. So what I propose you to do is to apply this MR on top of your local clone, by either copy-pasting the added lines from flatpak: Bundle clutter (and friends) for cheese dependency (!1000) · Merge requests · GNOME / Settings · GitLab to your manifest, or by saving the diff file at the root of the repository and patching your local copy with patch -p1 foo.diff.

This merge request will eventually be merged at one point :slight_smile:

I have played around with the build settings and got it working.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.