How many posts are needed before one can add more than one media in a post?

Since I post mostly in the Gimp area where images and screenshots are a way of life, getting one media per post is very limiting…

Discourse works with trust levels. You gain higher trust levels as you interact more with the site. The trust levels are explained here: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels. Sounds like you’re at new user level now. The exact thresholds may be different for this site but to reach basic level you need to:

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts
1 Like

So to be trusted I should read a lot of things I’m not interested in?

Edit: OK, just Ctrl-clicked on a bunch of post links and upped my trust level…

It may be a little one-time inconvenience for you, but this inconvenience is designed to be just enough to shut down spammers. Contrast to mailing list moderation, where you had to hope that a human moderator notices your mails in the flood of spam. For GNOME lists, that often happened 6 months after you send the mail, if it happened ever.

Suffice to say this is better than what we had before Discourse.

1 Like

I own/admin a forum (and have been a moderator for over 10 years) and I have never seen a spammer uploading several media.

It really doesn’t matter what you have seen, though. Suffice it to say that we have seen it on gnome.org infrastructure, and the anti-spam measures in place are there for a reason.

In any case, it’s good that you have found a way to increase your trust level; hopefully, you’ll stick around some more, and gain more access to ensure that the GNOME community on Discourse improves.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.