GtkFrame label_widget not filling the entire label area

I am trying to set GtkTextView as the label widget using gtk_frame_set_label_widget. It shows up left aligned, but does not fill the entire label area(horizontal) and only extends horizontally as I type. What needs to be done so that the texview covers the entire label area?

You can use gtk_widget_set_hexpand() and gtk_widget_set_halign() to control if the widget should expand (horizontally) and how it should align itself within that extra space.

To be blunt, though, using a TextView as a label sounds pretty horrific; what are you trying to achieve, and why does GtkEntry not work for you?

To be blunt, though, using a TextView as a label sounds pretty horrific;

:slight_smile: I got carried away. The interface I’am trying to replicate is displayed below. I started with GtkPaned for tiling, with the example code in the documentation showing wrapping of the panes in a GtkFrame. Then upon seeing that a frame can take in any widget as a label, I tried to add a textview as label to replicate the blueish bar (screenshot)

Since its clear that it’s not a good idea, I would appreceate any help with what layout(s) I should be utilizing to acheive the interface in the screenshot.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.