Grid view mockups and experiments

Nobody really cares that you “started” a topic. This discussion was completely unrelated to the topic of the icon view sizes in Nautilus, and was just derailing the other topic; I moved all the replies to your message related to mockups to a separate thread for that reason.

You’re entirely free to continue discussing separate mockups and behaviours for Nautilus’s icon view here; or discuss the sizes on the original topic.

Although I asked questions in order to understand icon size issues in Nautilus (in the first post of this thread, separated from another), I am no longer available for this.

@ebassi can you be so kind to link to the Gitlab issue/s for “is being worked on for GNOME 44 alongside more changes to the icon view” in your last post on the icon size topic?

Separately from this, having in my mind that I asked in that topic if some polls were made for this change and don’t think got an official response, what do you and what does the GNOME team think about UX changes? Are they to be decided apparently by one person (in this case in year 2014(!) from what I could tell here - https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=737189) and followed throughout, or can they be challenged? Can polls be made here to gauge the user base sentiment?

You surely saw, granted, from a small sample size, that the sentiment isn’t so positive, and I’m glad some changes are coming with a next major release.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.