Gnome Web (Epiphany) WebApps feature

There are a few elements of Gnome Web that I quite like, including the WebApps feature. However the WebApps system (like Epiphany itself) lacks a few options to be perfect. In my opinion, in order to have ALL the web sites you frequently use as Gnome Web Applications, it would need the following options:

1. Ability to do selective blocking for each WebApp
    (For example: You make a WebApp > You allow it to connect to the main site and, if necessary, it’s javascript > You allow any strictly necessary 3rd party domains to connect (and the javacript of the ones that are really necessary) > You disable all other 3rd party websites. The result is a fast, accessible and private WebApp that doesn’t track you or show ads.);

2. Ability to make WebApps with dark mode (Like you would see using Firefox with DarkReader extension);

3. Easy to use WebApp backup and restore functions;

4. Some fingerprint spoofing and other advanced options would be nice but not essential.

Since there seams to be no way to add extensions to Gnome Web, options 1, 2 and 3 seam impossible. Option 3 seams achievable through some manual file backups, but haven’t tried.

Here are some questions I have:

1. Any manual way of editing the WebApp files to achieve some of the things I mentioned?

2. Any alternative to Gnome Web WebApps that is both fully free and open-source and has more configuration options?

3. I don’t have extensive programing experience so I’m not sure, but wouldn’t it be viable to have a template for a WebApp made with Glade (or similar software), that you then manually change the configurations in order to make your own WebApp for the site with the perfect configurations?

Any input appreciated.

1 Like

Also,

1. Anyone doing backups of their WebApps? What is your method?

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.