GNOME Annual Report 2019

Annual Report 2019 is out now! :heart_eyes: :confetti_ball: :balloon: :tada:

We are excited to share some of our best moments, achievements, and great events that happened throughout the year in our annual report

GNOME 2018-2019 Annual Report Cover

Highlights include:

• We increased the foundationā€™s staff with three new employees: a GTK Core Developer, a Program Coordinator and a Strategic Initiatives Manager.

• We released Taipei (3.32) and Thessaloniki (3.34)

• Technical achievements including GNOME Flatpak runtime, VM images, and Continuous Integration improvements.

• Accessibility achievements including new ARIA support in ATK and ATā€‘SPI2, improving the accessibility of web browsers; Orca support for Chrome/Chromium; and a ā€œPointer Locationā€ feature for Wayland sessions.

• GNOME moved to communications to Discourse, a free web forum software. We have over 500 registered users making 70 posts per day.

• We organized 10 events 13 hackfests.

• We attended 11 conferences, where we presented, hosted a booth, and represented GNOME.

• GNOME hosted eight students who successfully finished the Google Summer of Code and three who successfully completed Outreachy internships.

• In August 2019, a patent assertion entity, Rothschild Patent Imaging, LLC, charged GNOME with patent infringement.

For more information and details please see the Annual Report

2019 wouldnā€™t have been this awesome without you!
Cheers and looking forward to coming years.

7 Likes

Dear Mrs. Progri,

the report looks really nice. May I ask if you have used GTK/Gnome tools to create it?

And in the report it was mentioned that the Gnome foundation has hired a new GTK core developer. That is really great, can you tell us his name? I had the feeling that Mr Bassi and Mathias Larson already are employed, so it may be someone other? So GTK has 3 fulltime devs currently?

1 Like

Thatā€™d be me.

Matthias Clasen is the GTK maintainer, and heā€™s employed by Red Hat to manage the desktop team there; he works on GTK on his spare time. Benjamin Otte is employed by Red Hat to work on GTK; Alexander Larsson is employed by Red Hat and he works on Flatpak most of the time, though he contributes to GTK on is spare time.

3 Likes

Hi @StefanSalewski

Hope you had a nice weekend!
The design of annual report is done by our designer @Chenriksen , I think she can share with you some more details.

1 Like

Hi @StefanSalewski,

Thank you! The report was created mainly in Scribus but most of the patterns and shapes were built in Inkscape.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.