GIMP 2.10.34 branch will be released next weekend (hopefully)

Now that there are no mailing lists, I assume this is the place to announce GIMP release to come for translators to prepare?

So we are planning to release GIMP 2.10.34, very likely this weekend. Sorry for the late announcement (we are trying to improve our process, but it takes time to do it properly).

As always, thanks to all translators!

2 Likes

Any new since the week-end is over?

Correct. Thank you for the announcement, even though it was indeed short notice.

Jehan said “likely this weekend”. This implies probability, not certainty. It’ll be done when it’s done. I don’t know what your expectations are, but it sounds like you think you’re owed something. In any case, this thread is not the place to get info about the release. It is an announcement targeted at translators. If you want to know more about the release and when it actually happens, go subscribe to the gitlab issue linked above, and please refrain from asking them about any “news” there.

Indeed being a few days late is not unheard of (in older times, we sometimes could even be weeks late to initial plans). And as @afranke says, for anyone who just wants to lurk on releases, the report (which I plan to create at each release now, as part of my new release process) would be a good place to look at, in order to see progression (it has nice checkboxes and all that!). :wink:

I’ve just added a comment there as to why this release got a bit delayed unfortunately.

Anyway, @Ofnuts is an old-timer in the community, I doubt they really think anything of the sort. But it’s definitely true that for releases to be able to go smoothly, asking about it is not helping. So please everyone, don’t ask, just subscribe to the report to follow. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On the other hands, anyone who wants to help test debug builds (so far, only a flatpak test build is available; people are also welcome to make custom builds and report major blocking issues), or proofread the news, etc. are very welcome. That’s one of the big reason why I’m doing it through a Gitlab report (hence allowing to extend the circle of people being aware and able to help).

1 Like

No, It’s just that I have a rather annoying bug to report and I prefer checking/creating evidence/reporting over the latest and greatest. So this question was just to let me plan my weekend :slightly_smiling_face:

GIMP 2.10.34 is now released!

See the publication news: GIMP 2.10.34 Released - GIMP

Thanks again to everyone for helping this release go through!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.