Flatpak builds on GNOME Application Platform version 3.32, but not 3.34 and later

Can I assume that any differences between GNOME Application Platforms and Freedesktop Platforms are purely related to Gnome GUI functions? In which case any changes Gnome has made between 3.32 and 3.34 are only to Gnome GUI functions?

If that is the case, since the module that fails doesn’t use Gnome, any changes can’t have affected it.

If Gnome does change other things, how could I find out what has changed between 3.2 and 3.4?

No those are not correct assumptions, underlying dependencies can affect things as well.

What is your actual issue, a build log would help.

PS. Both 3.32 and 3.34 are EOL. I suggest you use at least 3.38.

No those are not correct assumptions, underlying dependencies can affect things as well.

Useful to know.

Both 3.32 and 3.34 are EOL. I suggest you use at least 3.38.

I am aware of this and wish to use 3.38. I mention 3.32 and 3.34 because the application builds on 3.32 but not 3.34, so it might help identify where the change was that caused the problem.

All the modules before align-image-stack build okay, but it fails on that. The log starts where it starts linking align-image-stack.
name: python3-pillow

shared-modules/glew/glew.json
shared-modules/glu/glu-9.json

name: wxWidgets
name: libpano13
name: ilmbase
name: vigra
name: exiv2
name: boost
name: align_image_stack
name: {myapp}

output3-34fails.pdf (25.8 KB)

According to the build log, it seems the “hugin” component is failing to build against the version of wxWidgets you’re building. Since you’re building wxWidgets yourself, you may have been relying on some automatic feature detection available that was satisfied by an older version of the GNOME run time. You should verify that all the required components are being built.

I’ve asked for clarification of a query I made to Hugin about whether wxwidgets is needed. The answer seemed to imply both that it is and that it isn’t. If it isn’t, it would make things a lot simpler…but a recent attempt seems to suggest that it IS.

Building module align_image_stack in /home/chris/.flatpak-builder/build/align_image_stack-1
– The C compiler identification is GNU 10.2.0
– The CXX compiler identification is GNU 10.2.0
– Detecting C compiler ABI info
– Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
– Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc - skipped
– Detecting C compile features
– Detecting C compile features - done
– Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
– Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
– Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ - skipped
– Detecting CXX compile features
– Detecting CXX compile features - done
– Current HG revision is 5abfb4de7961
– Assuming this is a tarball (release) build for 2018.0.0
– Looking for log1p
– Looking for log1p - found
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.19/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:218 (message):
Could NOT find wxWidgets (missing: wxWidgets_LIBRARIES
wxWidgets_INCLUDE_DIRS)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/share/cmake-3.19/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:577 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
/usr/share/cmake-3.19/Modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake:1016 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
CMakeLists.txt:166 (FIND_PACKAGE)
– Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

“…some automatic feature detection available that was satisfied by an older version of the GNOME run time.”

I’ll look at the wxwidgets module more closely.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.