Error: Could not send search request

Hey there! I am having an issue where I cannot search for files whenever an app on my system opens a file browser dialog:

Any idea what I could do to start troubleshooting/fixing this?

The interesting part is that it gets through like the first half-second of searching usually, before throwing the error and then just stopping. I’m not sure what to make of it.

Thanks!

With what application does it happen ? What OS/distribution are you using (and its version) ? I suspect you’re using an old software, since the errors mentions Tracker 1 which is very old (we’re at tracker 3 nowadays)

I’m on Pop!_OS ( Ubuntu ) 20.04, and it seems to happen with almost any application that opens a nautilus file dialog: Libre Office, Firefox, and Electron applications, at elast. It doesn’t happen for applications that provide their own file dialog ( Gimp, Krita ) , or my Inkscape Flatpak. The Inkscape flatpak file dialog doesn’t do recursive search, though, it only searches in the current directory, not sure if that has something to do with it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.